MARKETING EXECUTIVE (Full-time)
Salary: £24,000 – £27,000 per annum, depending on experience
Have you got what it takes to get our books noticed? Do you have a passion for books that tackle physical and spiritual wellbeing? Know how to put together unmissable campaigns, create engaging copy and set social media buzzing? We’re looking for someone who wants to take the next step in their marketing career to join our busy marketing and publicity department as our new Marketing Executive.
Watkins Media was founded nearly 125 years ago out of a passion to share wisdom and knowledge with the world. Today, we hold true to those values with our Watkins imprint which seeks to improve lives and inspire positive change. We also aim to help people eat well and live well with our Nourish list. This role will work across both imprints, giving you plenty of fantastic content and authors to work with.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Publicity, you will assist in driving marketing campaigns for our exciting non-fiction titles from award-winning authors through a variety of tasks from admin to content creation.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a strong interest in the publishing industry. You will be an excellent communicator, an outside-of-the-box thinker, passionate about making a deliverable impact on the publishing industry and readers and have a good understanding of the role Marketing plays within publishing. You will also be passionate about Watkins and Nourish’s diverse publishing programme, excited to work as part of a close-knit and supportive team, and full of ideas guaranteed to create outstanding media coverage.
Brief Description of the Role:
To plan and implement the marketing campaigns for the company’s products, ensuring optimum promotion and offering support to the sales team to smooth the selling of our products. Evaluate and test the efficiency for our brands and authors with new and emerging marketing trends to ensure that as much of our core audience as possible is targeted by our campaigns. You will cultivate relationships with our authors, retail partners and other brands to ensure that we make full use of all our connections to amplify our marketing messages.
• Plan and implement marketing campaigns for all of our titles, including social media promotion, digital advertising, print advertising, third-party promotions, PPC, etc.
• Liaise with authors to ensure that they are updated on campaigns and that we are using their platforms and networks where applicable • Writing and designing the Watkins Publishing monthly newsletter, as well as spearheading a variety of specialised themed newsletters to promote front and backlist titles as needed.
• Uploading titles to and managing our NetGalley and GoodReads accounts
• Creating and uploading blog posts to the Watkins website
• Optimise online copy to ensure we are making the most of our metadata
• Create all marketing and promotional materials for titles
• Help promote and support our company and authors’ attendance at festivals, conferences, and events.
• Actively participate in internal publicity, strategy, sales conferences, and author proposal meetings
Experience / skills required:
• Must have at least 18 months experience in trade publishing, preferably with non-fiction books
• Have managed your own title campaigns
• Creative, innovative self-starter who can work independently as well as part of a team
• Design experience or displayed working knowledge of Canva, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, or similar digital design platform to create A+ content/social media items
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Good understanding of SEO, PPC and social media promotion (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok)
• A passion or interest in mind, body, spirit titles would be advantageous
How to Apply for this job:
Please email Laura Whitaker-Jones your CV and cover at laura.whitaker- email@example.com with “Marketing Executive” in the subject line. Applications will close on Monday, Augushttp://laura.whitaker- firstname.lastname@example.org 8th . Early applications will be prioritised.
Watkins is a leading publisher of personal development and mind-body-spirit books. Working in partnership with outstanding authors, we produce authoritative, innovative titles, both illustrated and non-illustrated. Offering fresh interpretations on important subjects, old and new, Watkins is dedicated to inspiring and entertaining our readers and making a positive difference in the world.
Nourish Books is all about wellbeing through food and drink, irresistible dishes with a serious good- for-you factor. If you want to eat and drink delicious things that set you up for the day, suit any special diets, keep you healthy and make the most of what you can afford, Nourish Books has got some great ideas to share with you.