by Renee McGregor
Category: Health & Fitness – Diet & Nutrition – Nutrition; Health & Fitness – Body Cleansing & Detoxification; Health & Fitness – Healthy Living
Format: Trade Paperback, 224 pages
On Sale Date: November 2017
Price US: $12.95
- Could you or someone you love be dangerously obsessed with diet and exercise?
- Do you can care more about the virtue of what you eat – how “clean” it is – than the pleasure you receive from eating it?
- Do you sacrifice experiences you once enjoyed to eat the food you believe is right?
- Do you understand the impact these restrictions are having on your body?
- Do you feel guilt or self-loathing when you stray from your “clean” diet?
Orthorexia is an unhealthy obsession with eating only healthy food. It is closely related to anorexia, but focused on quality of food rather than quantity. But how do you know if you or a friend or loved one has crossed that line? And how much do you really know about the impact these diets, plans and detoxes are having on your body?
Orthorexia: When Healthy Eating Goes Bad compassionately and expertly helps you to recognise potential issues, break free from the condition and find a way back to a balanced, truly healthy way of eating and enjoying life.
Renee McGregor BSc(Hons) PGDip(Diet) RD PgCert(Sportsnutr) SENr is a registered dietitian and sports nutritionist and is accredited by the Health Professions Council and a member of Sports Dietitians UK, Renee has over 10 years expertise and knowledge in nutrition, including experience working with elite Olympic and Paralympic athletes and their coaches. She is a regular contributor to BBC Food, Cycling Plus and Runner’s World magazines and the author of Training Foods.